Saturday, May 19, 2012

DORITO CHICKEN CASSEROLE


This is one recipe to not judge it by it's name or look. I've seen it on Pinterest several times and thought YUCK, chips in a casserole, no thank you! But I had a friend who made it and said it was AMAZING, so I had to try it and it was seriously really good, my husband and I ate the whole pan by ourselves! It had a tiny bit of spicy-ness to it, but when I make it again I'll add the whole package of taco seasoning to it, because I would have like a little more kick to it.

Ingredients:
2 cups shredded chicken
1 1/2 – 2 cups shredded cheese {I used the Mexican 4 blend cheese}
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sour cream
1 can Rotel
1/2 packet taco seasoning {I used Taco Bell}

1 bag of Dorito’s {Nacho Cheese}


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350

2. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients EXCEPT Dorito’s.


3. In a 9x13 baking dish, spread a layer of crushed Dorito’s on the bottom.


4. Now spread a layer of the chicken mixture on top of the Dorito’s.


5. Add another layer of crushed Dorito’s and then finish with another layer of chicken. Top with shredded cheese and cover with foil.


6. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.

*Notes: I served it with Zatarain's black beans and rice. I think it would be good to use the chicken mixture with out the chips as a filling for tortillas for enchiladas. Enjoy!!


*Pictures & Recipe From: Pearls & Handcuffs

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Trying this tonight!! SOunds like it will be great!