Makes fries for 2-3 people/servings
Ingredients:• 3 russet potatoes - peeled and cut lengthwise into even sized wedges
• 5 tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
• Garlic salt, Season Salt, Dried Mince Garlic, Black Pepper to taste or any other seasonings you'd like on them.
1) Preheat the oven to 475˚ F.
2) Fill a medium pot with hot water, put on your stove top on high, just before it gets to a boil turn off the heat (you can leave it on the stove) add your potato wedges. Soak for 10-15 minutes.
3) While they are soaking put 4 tablespoons of the oil onto a (foil lined) baking sheet. Tilt the sheet side to side to evenly coat the pan with oil (a pastry brush can also help with this). Sprinkle the pan evenly with the salts, garlic and pepper. Set aside.
4) Drain the potatoes. Spread the wedges out on layers of paper towels. Pat dry with additional paper towels. Wipe out the now empty bowl so it is dry. Return the potatoes to the bowl and toss with the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Arrange the potato wedges on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 5 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake 5 minutes, then using a metal spatula and tongs, flip each potato wedge keeping them in a single layer and cook for 10-15 minutes. Continue baking until the fries are golden and crisp, 5 -15 minutes. Rotate the pan as needed to ensure even browning.
5) When the fries are finished baking, transfer to a paper-towel lined plate to drain some of the grease. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm.
Recipe Adapted From: