Thursday, October 13, 2011

Balsamic Glaze / Caprese Salad

Oh my gosh ... this stuff is AMAZING!! We were invited over to some friend's home for dinner and she served a caprese salad with this balsamic glaze on it, it was so delicious I had to drive to the Boise Co-Op the next day and pick me up some! It says it can also be used in pastas or as a marinade ... I would just drink it if Eric didn't think I was crazy - it's that good people!
You can get your own bottle online at Gia Russa 


Caprese Salad

Ingredients:
Ripe Tomatoes, Sliced thick
Mozzarella Cheese, Sliced thick
Fresh Basil Leaves Balsamic Glaze

Directions:
Arrange tomato and mozzarella slices on a platter. Arrange basil leaves between the slices. Drizzle balsamic glaze over the top of the salad, getting a little bit on each slice. Serve as a lunch, with crusty bread, or as a side dish to your dinner.

No comments: