Friday, January 14, 2011

Monster Mania Cookies


My friend Melissa bought some monster cookie dough from her daughter's school fund raiser and I think they were the best cookies I've ever ate & I've been craving them, so I tried to come up with something similar - Enjoy!

Ingredients:
3 eggs
1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 stick of margarine, softened
1 18-oz. jar of creamy peanut butter
2 teaspoons baking soda
3 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats (not instant)
1 cup white chocolate chips
3/4 cup mini m&m's

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 - I always get my cookie sheet ready first & line it with aluminium foil


In a very large bowl, combine the eggs and sugars - mix well. Add the salt, vanilla, margarine, peanut butter, and baking soda - mix well. Add the oats - mix well. Then stir in the white chocolate chips, then stir in the mini m&m's.

Drop the cookie dough by tablespoon-fulls onto cookie sheet & bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Do not over bake. Let cool for about 5 minutes. They should be gooey inside & light brown on the outside!

**Note: you could also add coconut, raisins, regular chocolate chips or chopped nuts to the mixture. I think the dough makes about 3 dozen cookies which is too much for Eric & I to eat at once, so I just made a dozen cookies and froze the rest of the dough for another time.

No comments: