Tuesday, October 20, 2009

RUBY RIVER SMOTHERED CHICKEN


Recipe from: Tami
Okay, so I really wanted to find this recipe after having at the restaurant a few months back. Unfortunately it wasn't anywhere to be found on the Internet. So, I think that I may have been able to duplicate pretty close on my own. This is a picture of how it turned out, I totally cheated on my side dish and used rice-a-roni and added frozen peas. (maybe I have watched a little too much Rachel Ray, you can dress anything up with frozen peas. LOL)


INGREDIENTS:
1/4 cup Honey
1/4 cup Dijon Mustard

3 Chicken Breasts pounded 1/4 inch thin
1/3 lb. Bacon diced
1 cup Mushrooms sliced
1 cup Cheddar or Monterrey Jack or Mozzarella shredded


DIRECTIONS:

Sauce:
1/4 cup Honey
1/4 cup Dijon Mustard
Mix together and heat through, set a side.

Saute' bacon and mushrooms, set aside.

Take your 3 chicken breasts (pounded 1/4 inch thin) season with salt and pepper. Cook in same pan as bacon in the bacon drippings. When both sides are golden brown and the chicken is cooked through, top each piece with bacon, mushrooms and cheeses. Cover pan with a lid until cheese is melted. Serve chicken on a bed of the honey-Dijon sauce.

No comments: