Sunday, September 4, 2011

Fish Tacos

My Aunt & Uncle gave us some ground crappie so Eric and I made some fish tacos tonight! I just came up with the sauce so you could pretty much do whatever you wanted this just sounded good to me. Enjoy!!


Sauce:
5 Tablespoons sour cream
2 Tablespoons Salsa Verde
1 whole lime (juiced)
1 teaspoon dried minced garlic
fresh chopped cilantro
tiny bit of garlic salt

Tacos:
White Crappie (or any fish you like)
Seasonings of choice for fish
Shredded cabbage
tomatoes
fresh cilantro
limes

Directions:
Make the sauce in a small bowl and keep to the side.

Heat some oil in a skillet on medium heat (you'll fry your taco shells in this later)

Cook fish in another skillet

While the fish is cooking cut up all your taco toppings and then fry up taco shells. I just place a taco in the oil for about 45 seconds on each side then take it out and place it on napkin and fry another one and so on. I like my tacos crunchy so if you like them softer it would be less time.

Once your fish is cooked dress your taco shells anyway you like. We do the sauce first then the cabbage then the fish then the tomatoes then the cilantro then squeeze a lime on top.

No comments: