Monday, September 5, 2011

MONTHLY DINNER MENU

Ever have a hard time thinking of what to make for dinner?? I used to until I started making monthly dinner menus. At the start of each month I print out a calendar, and for each day I put something down for that night's dinner. Then I check my freezer and cupboards to see what things I don't have that I need to make those meals. I make a shopping list and then some time that first week of the month I buy my groceries ... yes for the whole month! I only go back to the store if I need fresh produce. This has helped me save us soooo much money buy not having a ton of impromptu shopping trips, save me time and I don't have to wonder what to make for dinner every night. Here is my menu for this month ... on average my shopping trips for the month is LESS then $150.00!! That of course includes other items we need besides just dinners. Just thought I would share this money saving tip I use ... hope it helps in your home!
(click on the calendar to see it larger & get some meal ides too!)

No comments: