Thursday, April 17, 2014

The Perfect Spaghetti Sauce


What you need:
1 pound hamburger (optional)
1 (28oz) can crushed tomato in purée 
Garlic
Basil
Garlic salt & pepper to taste 

Directions:
1) Season & brown hamburger & drain fat. (I always add a little finely chopped onion to it when I brown it. I season it with pepper, onion powder, Italian seasoning, and seasoning salt. I like bold flavors, so I use a lot of seasoning, you don't have to. I think it would actually be better with out the meat but my husband loves it.)

2) In the same skillet hamburger is in add as much fresh minced garlic & basil.

* I love these!! (Find them in the frozen veggie section of Wallmart or Trader Joes) I added 2 garlic cubes & 1 basil cube. Mix with hamburger until the cubes are no longer frozen. 

3) Add entire can of tomatoes, plus half a can of water. (you can add more or less, depending on the thickness you like. You can also add a 1/2-1 tablespoon of sugar if you want). Heat until bubbly. Then serve over your favorite pasta. Top with parmesan cheese. 

No comments: