Makes 5-7 cheesecakes
Canola oil, for frying
1 package of cream cheese - softened
3 tablespoons ricotta cheese
4 tablespoons powdered sugar
3 drops of almond extract
Fresh blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries - whatever you like or have
1 package of egg roll skins
1. Heat 1-inch of canola oil in large saute pan, to 325 degrees F.
2. In a bowl mix the cream cheese, ricotta, powdered sugar, and almond extract until thoroughly blended.
3. In a small bowl add some warm water - doesn't matter how much, you'll just be dipping your fingers in it. Lay an egg roll skin on the counter. Dip your fingers in the water then with your fingers trace the edges of the egg roll. You should have 4 edges with a thin line of water. Then place 1 1/2 tablespoons of cheese mix in center back of egg roll skin and place 3 to 5 pieces of fruit in the center of cheese mixture.
4. Fold left and right sides of skin in 1/2-inch, and then roll from back to front, insuring that the roll is sealed. Use some more water if you need to, to seal the egg roll up. Repeat steps 3 & 4 for all your cheesecake rolls
6. Serve with whipped cream and more fruit.
*Recipe adapted from Food Network ~ Guy Fieri