I seem to just be making things up today - I have never made peppermint bark - I didn't use a recipe so I have no idea how other people would make it, but this worked for me and it was delicious!!! Not to mention it took less then 5 minutes!! You'll see below I used candy melts - for a couple reasons - I then didn't have to buy peppermint extract (because they are candy cane flavor & like I would ever use that whole bottle, plus it's spendy!) and the candy melts have red flakes in them, which was an added cuteness!
What You Need:
Baker's White Chocolate (4 squares - the box has 6)
Candy Canes (as many or little as you like)
Candy Cane Colorburst Candy Melts (You can find these at Target & JoAnn Fabrics)
Small cookie sheet
Pam cooking spray
1) Cover the top of your cookie sheet with the foil. Lightly spray with cooking spray - set aside.
2) Place the candy canes in a bag and smash them with a rolling pin :D - transfer to a small bowl.
3) In a medium pan - over medium heat - add the Baker's white chocolate squares and the candy melts. Continuously stir the pot until melted. Be careful to not over cook it because it will burn and turn colors. It will melt very fast! If you think they are cooking you can remove the pan from heat, continue to stir and they will still melt.
4) Dump the chocolate onto your cookie sheet. With a rubber spatula spread the chocolate thin - about 1/8" thick - Immediately sprinkle with crushed candy cane.
5) Place in fridge until hardened. Break the bark into pieces. Store in airtight container.