Thursday, December 8, 2011

Avocado Enchiladas

Recipe From: Jessica

I actually kind of did my own thing and blended a few recipes, so I'll explain what I did:

1 Onion
1 Head of Garlic
1 T brown sugar
2 T Cumin
3 t oregano

Sautee all these ingredients together in a pan of olive oil

Slice up about 7-8 avocados
Add some lime juice (about 1/8 cup) add more if you'd like
Add cilantro, salt and pepper to the mixture to taste

Add the sautee mixture with the avocado mixture, and use that as your filling for the enchiladas. Bake enchiladas as you would normally (cheese at bottom of baking pan, put enchiladas seam side down, cover the enchiladas in red (or green) enchilada sauce, then finally top with cheese. I also added olives.)

Peppers can also be added to the mixture, I just chose not to use them.

ENJOY!

No comments: