Wednesday, November 9, 2011

PF Chang's Chicken Lettuce Wraps


I made this post a few years back - before I had ever ate at PF Chang's ... I think these taste way better then theirs! I would recommend chopping your chicken, water chestnuts, mushrooms & onions finer then I did - it just makes it more like the original ... enjoy!!

From the kitchen of: Tami


STEP#1:
Special Sauce
(pot sticker sauce; I use this with my pot stickers. It makes a lot so I freeze it in ice cube trays and then put them into freezer bags. Then I pull out two or three when I need them so I don't have to make the sauce every time.):
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
4 T. Soy Sauce
2 T. Rice wine vinegar
2 T. Ketchup
1 T. Lemon Juice
1/8 tsp. Sesame oil
1 T. Hot mustard
2 tsp. hot water
1-2 tsp. garlic and red chili paste (you can find this on the oriental foods isle)

Make special sauce by dissolving the sugar in water in a small bowl. Add soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ketchup, lemon juice, and sesame oil. Mix well and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Combine hot water and hot mustard and set aside as well. At time to serve add desired amount of mustard and chili paste to special sauce to pour on wraps.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
STEP #2:
Stir fry sauce:
4 T. Soy sauce
4 T. Brown Sugar
1 tsp. rice wine vinegar

Bring oil to high heat in wok or large frying pan. Saute chicken until fully cooked. Meanwhile, prepare stir fry sauce by mixing the soy sauce, brown sugar and rice wine vinegar together in a bowl.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
STEP#3
3 T. oil
1 Lb. ground chicken
1 cup water chestnuts
2/3 cup mushrooms
3 T. chopped onions
1 tsp. minced garlic
4-5 iceberg lettuce leaves.

Add garlic, onions, water chestnuts, mushrooms, and stir fry sauce to chicken. Saute mixture until mixture is heated through and sauce starts to thicken. Serve in lettuce leaves and top with special sauce.

Makes 3 big servings - serve with pot stickers or crab rangoons

No comments: