Monday, January 16, 2012

Creamy Pesto Pasta

I found this recipe off The Art Of Doing Stuff and it’s not your average pesto because its base is milk as opposed to oil. The result is a pesto tasting cream sauce, like an Alfredo but far less rich. If you go to her link there is step-by-step directions with pictures {that's what I like to see while making a new recipe} And I cheated because I used store bought fresh pesto sauce already made because I had some and it needed to be used. I also added 2 cloves of minced garlic to my sauce and I only used 2 cups of milk {forgot to add the 3rd} and it was really thick and creamy. I topped mine with fresh basil and cheese...yum!!



Ingredients:
1 cup basil (packed)
1 cup parsley (packed)
3 cloves garlic
1/4 cup pine nuts
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 Tbsp. olive oil
3 Tbsp. butter
1/4 cup flour
3 cups milk
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. nutmeg


Directions:
1. Add basil, parsley, garlic to blender or food processor. Blend.



2. Add cheese, salt pepper and oil. Blend.


3. Finally, add pine nuts. Pulse until slightly chopped.


4. Melt butter in large saucepan. I use a nonstick pan.


5. Add flour. Cook 3 minutes without browning.


6. Kay, mine browned a little bit. Not so much to have to start over though. Add milk.


7. Whisk until it’s well blended.


8. Bring to a boil. Cook gently 5 minutes.


9. Add additional salt and nutmeg.


10. Stir in basil/parsley mixture.


11. Combine well.


12. Serve with linguine and a side of garlic bread

No comments: