Sunday, June 19, 2011

Broccoli Salad





















Recipe From: My Grandma Nora & My Mom

Makes enough to serve about 10 people

Ingredients:
1 package of bacon
3/4 Cup Craisins
1/2 Cup Sun flower seeds
2 heads fresh broccoli (you can always do more or less)
1/2 Cup Mayo
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Rice vinegar

Directions:
Fry bacon - cool - then crumble

Cut broccoli into bite size pieces and put in large bowl - add crumbled bacon, craisins and sun flower seeds.

For the dressing mix: 1/2 cup mayo, 1/2 cup sugar & 1/2 cup rice vinegar in a small bowl - then mix into salad - you can add salt & pepper to taste if you like

Let it chill - then serve - enjoy!

NOTES: I had to double the dressing - so try it with this first and you can always add more if you like. Some people like to add a sliced red onion to it or regular raisins - I just like it this way better. Also if you don't have rice vinegar you can use regular vinegar for the dressing but DO NOT USE 1/2 cup - I used about 1 tablespoon of apple vinegar (because that is what I had) and it was perfect.

No comments: